Race terms and conditions
We will continue to monitor all Covid19 announcements from the Government and RunBritain (the Sports Licensing Authority) and act accordingly. We will inform all entrants as and when any announcements are made.
- Entrants are required to abide by the Race Rules and marshals’ directions. Entrants for the half marathon must be amateur, and 17 years or older on race date. The race will be held under UK Athletics rules
- Entries to the Windsor Half Marathon are personal to the applicant, entry fees are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-deferrable. Any runner who competes in another person’s race number will be disqualified.UK Athletics rules state:“Numbers are issued to the individual athlete completing the application form except with the specific authority of the Race Organiser. Athletes who receive transferred numbers without permission will be disqualified from the race. Both runners will be subject to disciplinary action by the appropriate National Association.”
- No refund can be given if the race has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside the race organisers’ control
- The race organisers reserve the right to refuse or cancel applications, including duplicate applications, or alter the date of the event, the course route or distance
- The race organisers, sponsors, charities, suppliers and/or their agents will not be liable for any injury, loss or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in this event save as to negligence
- All runners are required to complete the personal, contact and health details form on the back of their race number.
- Cut off times – there is a cut off time for the start, if you arrive later than 10.10am you will need to ask an official race marshal if you can start the race. There is no official cut off time but please be aware that the roads are closed within Windsor Great Park until 1pm after which the roads will be open, there will minimal traffic on the roads and water stations, finishers medal collection will remain open until the last runner has gone through the finish.
- No wheeled vehicles (pram’s, buggies etc), dogs, following cycles allowed.
- Although not recommended, personal stereos, IPods & mp3 players can be used at the Windsor Half Marathon. WHM follows UKA standards and strongly advise that you DO NOT wear in ear headphones or use audio devices during the race for your own safety, especially on road sections The Windsor Half is a 2-lap course and runners need to be able to hear our marshals who will ask the main field to move over as the faster runners and accompanying vehicles overtake them at speed on their second lap. We also occasionally need to get emergency vehicles along the course too. If you really can’t run without headphones please use common sense and show a duty of care to others. However, we endorse the use of Aftershokz and similar bone conduction headphones as these provides a safe solution allowing participants to hear their surroundings as well as their music.
- Race marshals and medical team members have the authority to disqualify and remove any runner they consider to be acting dangerously, or to be unfit to compete
- Disqualified runners will be removed from the race results, banned from future Windsor Half Marathons and reported to UK Athletics
- Team Rules – We do not require competitors to wear official club or team vests except for UK Athletics Affiliated Club runners. Team results will be based on cumulative times (not places)
- Runners are required to give assistance to fallen runners, and to report any casualties immediately to the nearest first aid post or race marshal
- In the event of any dispute the decision of the Race Referee and Race Director shall be final
- The Windsor HM course has been measured by UKA through what they have deemed the “SPR,” or the shortest possible route that a runner can possibly cover, this is known as running the tangents. It is nearly impossible to run the exact route that the measurer used due to other runners on the course, making wider turns or taking on water stations, this will lead to a difference in the runners GPS and the official course distance. Therefore, Windsor HM are not responsible for any minor discrepancies between a runners GPS device distance and the official race distance.
- Prize winners are only allowed to receive one prize. E.g. If a veteran runner finishes amongst the first 6 prize winners in the Open Race then he / she will not be eligible for the award in the veteran category.
- It is important to note that we shall using MyLaps Bib Tag with the timing device already being attached to your number and it is very important to wear your number clearly visible on the front of your running vest/t-shirt. Your number must not be altered in anyway or covered by any clothing/tri belt. Do not bend twist or fold your number.
- Runners are NOT required to register before the race.
- Check your bank statement for confirmation of acceptance
- Change of postal address, email address or telephone number(s) -If your postal address, email address or telephone number details change, then you must inform us as soon as possible by either changing your details online details of which were on your confirmation email or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. If this is not done, we cannot guarantee that you will receive all race communications.
- Following the race, you will receive an email from Marathon-photos our media partner once they have uploaded all race images to their website https://www.marathon-photos.com/ should you wish to purchase any.
- Data Protection: The Windsor Half Marathon complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 and you have the right of access to your personal records held on our computer. If you do not want your name made available to our sponsors, please tick the box on the entry form.
- If you suffer from any form of medical condition you must mark the front of your number with a prominent waterproof cross. Please give brief details of your medical condition and what medication you take on the reverse of your number. For further medical information please download the information sheet here.
- The moment you enter our race we start to incur administrative costs and banking charges, simply in processing your entry and payment.
- No refund can be given if the race has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside our control, for instance by order of the government due to foot and mouth. Your entry fee is invested in the cost of staging the event, and the main costs to contractors, suppliers, administration etc are already committed well before race day.
DEFERRAL OF ENTRY
In the event of injury which prevents a registered runner from taking part in the WHM, we offer deferral to the 2023 event. This must be supported by a note from either a Doctor or Physiotherapist. To defer your entry, you must complete the following steps.
- To defer your entry, you will need to email email@example.com before 5.00pm on Friday 26th August 2022 with your supporting note, you will be added to the list and receive a confirmation email. Unfortunately, we are unable to defer any runners after this time.
- Once added to the deferral list it is your responsibility to email us between 1st January 2023 and 11th February 2023 to request your deferral entry code for the 2023 event. This will be emailed to you so you are able to re-enter again through the online entry system.
- Deferrals are granted at the absolute discretion of the event organiser. A deferral permits one standard entry to the same race as previously entered for the following year. Deferrals are only valid for the following year’s event and will not be ‘rolled over’ or extended. Deferrals may not be transferred to another runner.
Deferral of Entry will close Friday 26th August 2022
If the race is cancelled due to Covid19 then all entries will automatically be deferred to 2023
- Transfers of an entry to another person are permitted with the organisers consent up until 1st August 2022. Please download a substitution entry form, the substitute must fill it in and send it with your name and address with a cheque for £10 made payable to Windsor Half Marathon to Windsor Half Marathon, 64 Wildacres, Wollaston, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY8 3PH or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Bank Transfer details. Please note that your race number must not be given to anyone else, this will result in them being disqualified and also if part of a team, this will result in the team being disqualified.
You will not receive any notification until your race pack which will be posted out 3 weeks before the event. To find out if you have been accepted please check the ‘Am I In’ section on the website or check your bank statement.
Race hotline: 01384 379028
Send entries to:
Windsor Half Marathon Office,